1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro plow wont work....

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by puffer, Dec 6, 2008.

1. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Just finished the instalation of a unimount proplow on a 04 silverado 2500. It worked for about 10 minutes then just quit. It went down but now wont go up or angle. I can hear the solinoid click but thats about it. I checked the 15 amp fuse on the wire harness and it looks good. Any ideas? Thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow no go

i would check your ground cables and power cable at the motor ,might not be good enough after transferring the plow ! motor ground might have gone away .

3. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Ok i did some tesing on the solinoid. If i run jumpercables from the solinoid to the plow motor it will work just fine,but as soon as i pull the jumper cables off ,no power. I hooked the jumpercables to the side of the solinoid that doesnt have the jumper coming from the battery. If i hook it to the side with the jumper from the battery the plow goes down. I checked the bumper connections and the are fine and have electronic grease in them and i also took off the positive wire off the pump motor and cleaned it up. Any ideas?

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

you have to put a tester on the wire and see if there is power coming into the wire at the solenoid. The, at the wire where it meets the pump. It has got to be somewhere in there. Isn't there a relay in between these two, also?
    get on westeren's site and go into the "publications" area. you will be able to download a whole troubleshooting and service manual. Hope this helps.

5. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Well im not sure what happened but it now works. I pulled wires off cleaned up connections and it started working. Thanks for your help.Should i pull all the connections off and put dialectric grease on them all or is that a no no?Im talking under the hood and on the plow motor itself.

6. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

If the pump winds up it could be the pickup tube fell out.