1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sns250, Dec 28, 2009.

1. sns250

sns250 Member

Hello All

I have searched with a bunch of different keywords, but can not seem to find an answer. I have a 7.5' Pro-Plow and I would like to add the western wings to it but I see they are only for the pro-plus. I realize there are other wings out there, but I like the OEM western ones because it does only add 12 inches instead of 20 or more.

Has anyone seen if they fit, or made a way for them to fit the pro plow?

What is the reason for western not offering the wings for the pro plow?

Thanks

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have a set on the way, I'll document the modifications that are needed to mount them on a Pro Plow.

:drinkup:

3. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Keep me in the loop.

Chris

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

After finding out definitively that they only add 6" to each end of the blade (1" total), I put the kabash on that. I'd like to maintain the width I get with Pro-wings (9'6") and the $500 price tag was too much for only a foot if increased width.

I'm looking to "get wide" instead. :nod:

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

The pro plows are also a few inches taller and they may have a different blade radius. I used the Buyers pro-wings for a couple seasons before i got on the town to plow roads. They worked well, definitely cut down on time while plowing lots, and very easy to remove.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member