1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plow Voltage Draw

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by green frog, Jan 5, 2009.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have a western 7.5 pro plow that takes the volt meter down to nothing when you use any button on handheld except down. We went through all connections and clean all grounds. We even added a 4 guage ground for the truck cause its a 1995. Before I put a new motor on it is there anything else I should check?

2. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

This won't help but i have the same problem and just drive around with a extra motor on the floor of my truck lol:D

3. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

i have same problem!!!!!

4. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I finally fixed it. The battery was holding charge and tested ok but was a little low on water. I put in another battery which had a little more craking amps and problem solved. I did not know about water till I switched battery.

5. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

with my 04 ram with the 7.7 hemi Mine still does it.I got an optima yellow top with 1250ca and 1000cca and a new alternator and it still does it when i have the rear window /mirror defrosters on and the plow is only 6 weekd old

6. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

i meant 5.7 not 7.7