1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PRO plow--ultra mount--no power??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RSTEW86, Jan 29, 2007.

1. RSTEW86

RSTEW86 Junior Member

i have a pro-plow6-7 ultra mount plow--all wires look ok and connection..i have no power to my hand controller-at all.--i have it on a 2005 chevy 2500 series truck,--inline fuses ok --lights on plow inop..also,i have a 4 post solenoide no power to little wire --ground is ok --on other little wire---dont know if i have a solenoide failure or Isolation module failure??
    should i have power to the little wire on solenoide(brown&red)--or (brown&green)-?--Ihave the schematic for my application.--thank you for any help any one has.....

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Check small red wire coming off solenoid for power. This powers up wiring harness. Also 2 inline fuses, between solenoid and isolation module. One 7.5, one 15 amp. 7.5 for controller. Sounds like you're not getting a ground when plow is hooked up. Check red wire from fuse panel, should have power when key on. Western emblem on controler should light up when plow is plugged in. Then you can push power button to turn on, but since lights are'nt coming on also, I'd say you are loosing ground, Spread out black wire terminal on Main power wire connecter, make sure they are still tight at battery. Are truck lights still on when you plug in plow?? If they are, there is no power on other side of 15 amp fuse. Hopes this helps.

3. RSTEW86

RSTEW86 Junior Member

Thank you for the reply--i double checked all connections and are all ok..I have no small red wire off of solenoid--i have a (brown/green) small wire--off of small post--I have a small wire brown and red off of small post--there is (2) large red wires on top big posts..also 1 small red and green off of big post..--I need to know should 1 of the 2 small wires be hot 12volts....-my controller does not light up at all--The 1 Ground i have is off of Negative battery post--and checks good with a test light--cleaned and tight--
    Checked for power at inside controls--with test light--6 terminal connector--inside cab--
    no power to any wire on harness.---the 1 red wire inside goes to fuse panel-to get 12 volts- and it has..any help would be apriciated,,,thank you..:drinkup:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The brown/green wire should have 12V when the controller is operated in any function execpt down.The brown/red should have ground with the plow connected.Are you sure the 10 amp fuse in the underhood harness is good? Also,are you aware that there are fuses inside the controller too? Did you check them?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Should be a black with orange stripe wire going to negative post on your battery, piggy backs onto small stud on your solenoid, and also plugs into main harness, grounds entire system. You do have a Ultramount, correct. That is what I believe your post says. Small red coming off big post should be hot at all times, then check 2 underhood fuses because that is where they get their power from. Still sounds like a bad ground because controller does'nt light up when plow plugged in, and you have 12v off of fusebox tap. Without that black/orange chasser ground wire, nothing will work. JOHN

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  6. RSTEW86

RSTEW86 Junior Member

Fixed

I HAVE REPAIRED THE PROBLEM --FOUND THAT THE 2 BIG CONNECTORS IN FRONT OF GRILL THAT GO TO PUMP/PLOW--WERE CROSSED--THEY CAN PLUG INTO EACH OTHER!! CANT BELIEVE IT--THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP..
    THIS IS A GREAT SITE!!! ALSO WESTERN SHOULD CHANGE THIS DESIGN-MAKE ONLY 1 PLUG GO IN TO 1 PLUG--ALSO ON THE ISO MODULE--ALL THE CONNECTORS CAN GO INTO ANY HOLE--THEY SHOULD STAMP THE CONNECTOR WITH A NUMBER--NOT A STICKER LABLE THAT FALLS OFF.---OVERALL I AM HAPPY WITH THE PLOW AND THE WAY IT WORKS NOW--THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE..!!:salute:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear it was a simple fix. As to the connection's on the isolation module,I agree with you on the label's.When I do an install I always clearly mark the connector's with a paint marker just for future reference.