1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plow to standard quadrant

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by macbe, Mar 13, 2015.

1. macbe

macbe Junior Member

does anybody know if a proplow will fit up to a standard quadrant

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

not without modification. std had two hook up points and the pro had three, and I'm pretty sure the outside two don't match the two on the std. I can verify that if you like. We should have some of both here.

3. macbe

macbe Junior Member

thanks for the reply.if you could that would be appreciated.
    i can find local some uni-mount pro plows used, at pretty reasonable prices.
    i have the 1st generation 7'6 standard ultra mount.really didnt want to use the conversion mount. thanks again.

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

from your original question it sounded like you already have a unimount plow, and you are thinking of replacing your standard blade with a pro blade, and the blade you were looking at is JUST the blade (moldboard), with no quadrant, or a-frame or cylinders, or anything - Is that correct?

normally, if someone is selling a used unimount pro plow, it would have all that stuff on it, as well as the lift frame and power unit and lights and stuff. and then if you didn't have a mount on your truck, you would need a unimount mount or an ultramount mount and the ultramount to unimount adapter, along with wiring and control.

So, can you explain your situation a little more? do you already have a std unimount and are trying to upgrade to a heavier blade?

5. macbe

macbe Junior Member

what i have is a 1st generation 7'6 standard 2 spring ultramount.
    was trying to find out if a 8' pro plow mold board could be mounted to the standard quadrant.if the ribs where they mount are the same dimensions.
    availablity of used unimounts proplows are to be had pretty reasonable.
    don't want to use the conversion bracket.
    yes upgrade blade. thanks

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

what's a conversion bracket?

7. macbe

macbe Junior Member

its a mount that adapts a unimount plow to your ultra mount on truck side.
    way i understand it moves the plow futher out by couple inches and looks like it sits lower.Western Conversion kit

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, but you already have a unimount mount on your truck. that adapter is for someone who needs to mount a unimount plow on their truck, and they DON'T have a unimount mount, so they have to get an Ultramount mount and the adapter, because Western doesn't make Unimount mounts anymore.

So that doesn't have anything to do with your situation.

Btw, the outside dimensions SEEM to be about the same on the ribs on the pro and the std quadrant. but I would still count on having to do extensive modifications to the quadrant. I'm sure it's not go to be an easy process. Plus you may want to add ears for the center rib hook up. Plus you wouldn't have a place to mount the shock. Plus the number of springs are different, and probably none of them will line up with the two spots that they would mount to on the standard quadrant. .. etc.

9. macbe

macbe Junior Member

thanks for the info.i have a ultra mount frame on the truck and a ultra mount plow.if i would go with a different plow that had a unimount setup than i would have to use the adapter.lot of the proplows, that i have seen for sell used are unimounts.thats what i was trying to avoid.thanks again.

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Ohh! my bad! I totally missed that you said you have ultramount up there. I'm sorry. Yep I get ya now.

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I run three trucks with the adapters. No problems here.