1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plow Shock

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cyclenut80, Oct 28, 2008.

1. cyclenut80

cyclenut80 Junior Member

I have an older Pro Plow on my 01 F-250 superduty. I like the plow but its showing its age and needs a new shock for the moldboard. There has to be a place to find one of these and not pay $100+ for it. I'm also interested in finding a poly sheet for it too.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

CPW has a link at the top of the page.

3. cyclenut80

cyclenut80 Junior Member

I appreciate the tip on CPW but I have looked everywhere online and can't find one for under $120. Its just a regular gas/hyraulic shock. There has to be an aftermarket alternative. I mean I can buy two shocks for my pickup for that price.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Im kind fo doubting you will find that small of a shock aftermarket. I would just bite the bullet and spend the money

5. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

shock's

well if you have the measurements early on boss used monroe shocks for their blade trip ,take a look:salute: in a monroe catalog for their heavy duty yellow shock !

7. cyclenut80

cyclenut80 Junior Member

Well I got all the measurements I could and a few numbers off the shock. It appears its a gabriel unit but I can't seem to match anything to it. Checked the monroe catalog and no help there either. Guess I'll have to keep up the search. I refuse to think I can't find it for less. Of course as usual I'll have to swallow my pride and spend the cash.