1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Plow plus wings on a standard Pro plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bartlett_2, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

Hello:

I have an 8" pro plow I want to put wings on. My dealer said the western wings only mount to the pro+. I have a full machine shop, so do you think i could somehow fabricate them to mount to the standard pro? I haven't seen how they mount, so any imput is appreciated!

-Darryl

2. A&LSiteService

A&LSiteService Senior Member

I don't think it would be worth the time spent to fabricate mounting points when you can buy the buyers set up for about half the price of the western wings. I have a pro as well and thought the same thing after I bought it and then I found the buyers set up. I want to say they are less than $250 and only take about an hour to install. I hope this helps.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

If you have a full machine shop what is stoping you. The nice ting with the western wings is they come off in seconds. On the outside rib there are holes in it and pegs on the wing go in the holes the a brace on the wing slips over the torsion bar on the pro plus plow and pins in. The big thing I think would be that the pluses are 31" and the pros are 28 or 29" and the wing is made to match the blade. Might have to see if the dealer has a set you could see and compare them next to your plow. Keep us posted I like custom work, I am more of a welder than a machineist but love making things work the way I want them to.

4. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

Thanks, i'm going to see if they'll let me look at a set at my dealer before I go to option B, which is the Buyers set. I just likes the look of the western wing, they look rigid, and like they belong on the plow...

5. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

if you have a machine shop, why not just fab up the entire wing and really save some money? I've thought about doing this but I just haven't found the motivation yet.

6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

hey ya i would buy a set of prowings and then try your hand at making your own style just like the the guy on here from i think PA jerre repair hemake and sells his own called danger wings look at what he has and take youre own idea and go with it????????????????????HMMMMMMMMM