1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro plow on a 2009 1500 silverado

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ff1241, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ff1241

ff1241 Member

My dad has a 2008 1500 Silverado. I would like to get a used plow for his truck but don't really see mid weight plows for sale. I do see several 7'6" pro plows. He would only use it around his property and his retirement cabin about 2 hours away. Can I get away with a Pro plow or should I just wait for a mid weight. I want to get a used 3 plug ultra mount because that's what mine is using now. So if I go up I could use the plow to clean up for him and not drive all the way up with my Pro Plus plow on my truck.
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

If the truck and plow would only see the limited use you're describing, I don't see why he couldn't get away with a Pro Plow. I wouldn't use it for extensive commercial use, but for what you're talking about I would think he'd be fine.
  3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Shouldn't be any problem at all. You could put some timbres in it if you feel it's necessary.
  4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Traveling 2 hours away with a plow on the front will be a bit tedious in bad weather.

On the bright side, you could make some karma bonus points helping stranded motorists along the wayThumbs Up
  5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Forget Timbrens on the front of an 07 up Silverado 1500. do a 2" lift, 1" spacer on bottom and 1" spacer on top of each strut, total cost in parts $50 to $60 and easy to install. The truck will sit much better when done with or without the plow.