1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plow moves side to side when up??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by speedydog5, Jan 16, 2010.

1. speedydog5

speedydog5 Junior Member
    from Chicago

i have a new prow plow plus used sevearal times ,but now when i have plow up and in a angle position ,after a short period if i make a turn it will move the other way,i brought it back and they said it had air in it, they topped off the oil was a little low ,said the more i use it it should get air out just seem a little skepticle ,its a little better now but it will still move slightly after i let it sit what do you all think

2. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I have a brand new one that does similar. It is not in service yet as it is on my backup F-550, but when I raise it, it jerks to the left.? As I said I have not plowed with it so I do not know if it is a problem yet or not.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

U might want to swing it slowly to the right...Wait a couple of minutes, then swing it to the left. They might be right. I might have some air trap in the system..Maybe by you doing that a couple of time, it might get the air out..

4. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I had the same problem when i went back they had me put the truck on high ground so the pump ram would bottom out and then angle each side a couple of times and it worked, not sure if they loosened the fill cap or not