1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plow light prob.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gas man, Feb 8, 2011.

1. gas man

gas man Junior Member

Hello all i have a pro plow and all of a sudden the turn signals are acting up. When i turn the left signal on, the right plow light and the left truck light flashes and vice versa the other way. Which wire or harness do i need to be looking for?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

assuming this is a unimount??

check the following

Gray wire driver side turn signal
    Check the OEM wire were it connect into the plow harness, driver side and passenger head lights.
    check the black/orange wire it comes off the low and high beam relays

Check you flasher (or change it)

It also could be you turn signal switch..

3. gas man

gas man Junior Member

Ultra Mount

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Let start from the beginning..

with a mod system?

what kind of setup

relays?

3mod or a 4mod
    2wire or a 3 wire

make year and model of the truck

5. gas man

gas man Junior Member

00 gmc sierra. I had a extra module and tried it and did not help. it has been fine for a couple of years and all of a sudden decided to act up. not sure on the wiring cant remember. I will have to check it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground. :nod:

7. gas man

gas man Junior Member

sorry to bring up an old thread but have not fixed it yet. It's a 3 pin with 4 hookups into the module if that helps. Thanks guys. :drinkup:

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

sounds funny to me. is there any chance that you have a buddy that would play a little joke on you?

Try switching the #3 and the #4 plugs in the module with each other. Sounds to me like somone had a laugh and switched them for you.

9. gas man

gas man Junior Member

Thanks Philbilly2. It was the 3 and 4 plugs switched. Musta got them switched when it was unhooked fixing some other things.