1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pro plow cracking

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by gas man, Feb 25, 2010.

1. gas man

gas man Junior Member

here is a pic of this crack. The other side cracked in the same spot last year. Just wanted to give a heads up on this. Anyone else have this problem?

0413092101.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea that's where they break, it's not uncommon. They also like to break off right at that base of the vertical rib where it's welded to the bottom angle. Or where the rib is notched for the trip shock bolt also. Have to keep an eye on them if they're run hard. It mostly stems from stacking roughly.

04 Ultra (broke).jpg

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I had that happen to mine a couple of years ago, when I tore the A-frame off hitting a patch of ice. I had almost a 1" gap on the break. My repair guy wrapped a chain around the blade, set a bottle jack on the center, stabilized it w/ a couple of wood blocks and was able to jack it back together to weld it. So far it's held up.

4. gas man

gas man Junior Member

Thanks b&b. Each time i have found the crack is when i get the plow ready in the fall. The funny thing is i look it over befor every storm, and never seen it. oh well it's been fixed. Just now thought about posting it. Also i don't stack that aggressively, but i do like a nice tall pile. lol

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

mine isn't even a year old and I had that happen to me.......took it back and they welded it and are sending it for warranty work.

6. nycpsd

nycpsd Junior Member
    from nyc/pa

Just had sort of the same problem mine bent and that's what cracked the area where the bolt is look in truck and equip repair under poor quality. At least the weld is in the right location on yours

Anyone know where to get new ones or is everyone just cutting them on your own?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mine magically appear when I wave the plasma cutter over a sheet of 1/4" plate. :D