1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Flow Spreaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Triton Snow Systems, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

Do any of you have any input on western pro flow spreaders. I'm considering one and dont know much about them ????
  2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

What do you need to know? They work well especially for smaller jobs. If you get the regular pro flo (single stage model) you will need to use dry salt.I use a bagged sand/salt mix in mine, as long as it stays very dry it spreads no problem.The pro flo 2 is supposed to be able to take wet sand because it has a small belt on the bottom. Only real downfall is you will get tired of lugging around bagged sand/salt. You can also get a separate vibrator kit for them that is supposed to be a big help.