1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Flow 2 Clearance

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FIREMAN Q, Oct 24, 2005.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I just purchased the Pro Flow 2 with the hitch mount with the new reciever. This will be my first year using it and after seeing the new reciever on the truck i'm thinking that there might be some clearance issues with it. especially when the truck is loaded with a ton or more.

For those who use this spreader, have you had any problems with clearance on hills and curbs or anything????

:drinkup:

2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Clearance issue? Did you get some type of new mount? I have two Pro Flo2's with thier hitch mount and the speader intermediate frame can be adjusted up or down to suit your needs. Even at its lowest point the spinner is still a good 18" off the pavement...

If they are selling a new mount do you have a picture?

Thanks,

Bill

3. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I am talking about the reciever itself. i will call them "wings" for lack of a better term. It seems like they sit low to the groung. right now with no weight in the truck if i back up to the curb with the reciever sitting over the grass, i would say it is less than 5 inches from scraping the grass. I will have to get you the measurements.

I don't think that it could be adjusted anymore but i will look into it. So i take it you have never had any problems with clearance??

4. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I understand, I thought you were talking about the spreadeer itself! Yes my receiver sits low also, but have never had a problem with hitting anything so far. I actually like the setup as I have used the intermediate frame for other purposes than the spreader. Ours are mounted on a 2500 Chevy and a 2500 Dodge, fully loaded the rear springs don't sag more than about 3-4 inches from unloaded (apx 2500 lb payload with salt and spreader)

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Bill

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  5. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

not a problem. thanks for the info. do you have any accounts that have steap inclines??

6. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I do not have any with steep inclines, we do mostly commercial properties, parking lots and sidewalks etc. So I am not much help answering your question.

Hope someone else is able to help you here!

Bill

7. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

thanks for the help bill