1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro Flo 2

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 2004Z71CC, Oct 20, 2005.

1. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

I'm looking for opinions on Pro Flo 2's or the Fisher Speedcaster 2 equivalent. I will be doing a few big lots and may need to sand from time to time. I would like to know how reliable they have been over the years and how they perform.

Thanks
    Darren

2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

No question, they are far superior for a tailgate spreader. Not much else comes close, can spread any material, adjust rate, speed, distance, and arc.
    Low upkeep, high return! I have had mine for 2 years and have taken care of it with no complaints at all, we just bought a second one in fact!
    (Western Proflo2)

Bill

3. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Thanks for the reply Bill.

4. JJ's Services

JJ's Services Junior Member

What is the typical price run for one of the western proflow 2 uninstalled.

5. Comet

Comet Senior Member

6. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

With some fabrication (not alot) the Pro Flo 2 can be made to fit into a standard 2" receiver. I imagine with steel prices up, the unit with the mount and hitch would probably be around 2500.00 this year. You might be able to get one modified for the 2" receiver for a couple hundred less.. (saving the price of thier custom hitch and subframe assembly)

Bill

7. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

The current price here in Nova Scotia is 2900 Canadian with the standard bed mount . the under bed (modified trailer hitch) mount is 3200 canadian.

I was at the dealer today and he says they are selling a lot of buyers salty dog in bed poly spreaders now. $4300.00 Any experience with this unit?

I am still leaning towards the pro flo 2 though.

8. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

I just ordered the Pro Flo 2. It should be in a week or two. I'll post some pics of the install.
    Darren

9. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

i just had mine installed for $2200. that is with the variable speed controller and the reciever mount. I also purchased a new plow with it. The cheapest i was able to find one with the exception of the one that i purchased was $2200 and that was cash and carry.

10. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Darren

What did you wind up paying for it up there in Nova Scotia, where is it being shipped from
    Just curious & making conversation

11. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

The dealer called the other day and says Western does not make an underbed mount for the 1500 because of it being so low that the mount will drag. The in bed mount is for the 2500 and up. He cancelled the order, but I am going to reorder the Pro Flo 2 and modify the mount to fit for now. I plan on getting a 2500HD in a year or 2 so I will fab a temporary mount for the 1500.

Thomas - the final price for the pro flo 2 in Nova Scotia with the in bed mount is 2800 Canadian. (not installed)

12. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I bought a Speed caster 2 about a year ago. It is a great unit. It doesn't spread quite as wide a pattern as I hoped but otherwise we have had great luck with it. I like the conveyor feed and the varialble motor speed. What I found through was it was like taking a knife to a gunfight if you have a very large area to sand. We were going through about 24 - 60 LB bags of sand on one account. I just purchased a old Boss V box sander this fall so that I could buy sand a lot cheaper and pass on a little savings to the customer. Now the Speedcaster is a backup.

13. Comet

Comet Senior Member

I replace one of the main belts every year on the pro2
    It seems to stretch just a hair, the pulley thats there is adjustable to tighten it, but when its maxed out with a full load in there (toward end of season etc) it slips

Purchace an additional belt

14. winkhink

winkhink Junior Member
    from Alaska

Looking to buy one online. I am in Alaska and trying to find a place that might beat out my dealer who I have been told doesn't like them that much. I need to find a place to buy from and then to include the shipping. I guess I will have to install myself, anyone try that? I know shipping is going to kill me but still might be better then buying a 2yd spreader.

Dealer told me $3,800 + $500 for freight for the whole thing. I can buy a v-box for cheaper than that.

15. JJ's Services

JJ's Services Junior Member

yah thats pretty pricey I did extensive checking around and ordered one at 2,890 shipped undermount class 4 reciever hitch but not installed. To tell u the truth would rather install myself anyways its much easier to fix that way if u ever have problems.

16. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Update...........

I ended up getting a Speedcaste salter( not a 2) my western dealer was not supportive so I bought the Fisher. I will post pics soon>>>>>>>>>>>>:drinkup: