1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-flo 2 vs. speedcaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Labs n ducks, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Labs n ducks

Labs n ducks Junior Member

I thought that these were the same spreaders both made by douglas dynamics??? just that one was western & one was fisher ?

Anybody know what the difference is ?

Thanks, Mike
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Some differences:
    The PF2 has a 15.5" spinner while the SC2 has a 14.5"
    the PF2 weighs in at 235# w/out mount but the SC2 is about 40# heavier at 277# w/out mount. My fisher literature does not give reasoning (such as new boxed support or something) for this weight difference.
  3. Labs n ducks

Thanks snowbowtie,
    I went to there websites and it says that they are the same.

1/3 h.p. motor, 15 1/2 " poly spinner, 46x46x24 overall size, 10 cu. ft. & 235 lbs w/o mount

I'm confussed :confused:

I think I'll have a :drinkup:

Thanks, Mike
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Hmm, that's odd. I checked their websites and they list the same specs, but the literatuer that I picked up just this last august says they are different... I wonder if someone changed their specs or if they were incorrectly entered on the borchure.

So to correct myself with the new found info, they are the same, or at least they look that way based on listed specs. :confused:
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

I always thought they were the same.All the ones I have worked on looked pretty much identical except for the color.
  6. Maine Plow Man

Maine Plow Man Junior Member

SPEED-CASTER and PRO-FLO are exactly the same. SPEED-CASTER 2 and PRO-FLO 2 are exactly the same.
  7. Labs n ducks

Thanks guys!! I thought so... but I wasn't sure. I just bought a western pro-flo 2 and wanted to make sure.

Thanks, Mike
  8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

The difference I have seen from posts here is that the Western can be anywhere from $300.00-$1,000.00 more expensive.
    :confused: Other than that, I've looked at both closely & can't find any difference. So the red paint costs more than the yellow? ;)
  9. Labs n ducks

Hey BRL, Yes I think you are CORRECT I just payed $2700 installed for mine & thought it was a LITTLE high.

oh well guess I'll have a beer and wait :drinkup:

Thanks, Mike