1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro-Flo 2 mounts

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by EIB, Sep 17, 2003.

1. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I have been looking at tailgate spreaders. What I would like to know is the difference between the bed mount and the underbed mount.I know that the under bed mount is a special hitch that the spreader slides into. Do you have to drill into the bed to mount the bed mount? How easy is it to remove the spreader? etc. I have been on the Western web site, but it doesn't show me a good picture of the mounts.

I will also need to tow a trailer for my four wheeler. Will I be able to do that with the Pro-Flo 2?

I have a installed price of 2195.00 with under bed mount and a price of 2025.00 with in bed mount. Sounds like a good price to me. What do you think?

Everett

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

This was discussed recently and here is the link:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10733

Even through the majority of this thread is about Fisher SpeedCaster 2 spreader, still they are basically the same unit as Western ProFlow 2.

If I were to choose, I would go with the under tailgate mount. It seem that in-bed truss mount would be a waste of space with holes on the bed floor. As far as with drilling holes for mount under tailgate mount, according to the Fisher installation sheet they have on their website, it showed that there are two holes to drill on the truck frames of Chevy 2500 and 2500HD pickups. One hole on each frame to be drilled, and you use the rest of factory holes on the frames for mounting. Not sure about other vehicles so you would need to visit Fisher website and check out their list of installation directions in .pdf file. Very handy to look up when you need it. Just click on Fisher mini-banner on top of screen and it will take you to their website. The pictures in the install manual online appears fine to me, not perfect, but better than blurry pictures.

3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Thanks wxmn6,

That thread didn't come up when I did my search.

Everett

4. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I have one on a 2002 f-250, and there were no holes to drill. Take off the factory trailer hitch, and the new one bolts right on.

Rick