1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pro caster spreader help?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vmj, Oct 26, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I dont get full coverage out of my sander.. I have set the shoots all dif ways and speed but seem to get more to one side or the middle on the ground... My spinner disk has four knobs on it and i have seen ones with six... was wondering if that is the dif?? HELP!! Thanks,

2. LTKJDAD

LTKJDAD Junior Member

need more info,belt or chain drive ,condition of spreader etc...

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

It's two years old.never been hit or bent,and it's belt drive. Thanks

4. LTKJDAD

LTKJDAD Junior Member

engine speed most critical,make sure you regulate material coming out of hopper also material should be dry as possible.make sure none of the belts are slipping may need to readjust baffles in chute.hope this helps

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Not really.... I've tryed it at dif speeds,i set the baffels all dif ways.... i have the material coming out set at 1 1/2 opening i try to keep sand dry.. well slipping i dont know. :(

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Baffles can be used to help, especially with the gas jobs that turn a little faster. But if you look at the current models of spreaders, they are variable speed (electric) drives, no baffles at all. A belt slipping can certainly be a factor. You do want the spinner to move at a steady speed, and not "stall" when a big load of sand hits it. I think dry sand is the most important part. Sometimes mine spreads beautiful, other times one side is black, the other side doesn't have a lick of sand on it. When spreading nice loose dry salt, never seem to have a problem then.

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks It's just annoying me because it never seams to spread even, just like your saying urs does at time... i look around in other lots and it always seams their spreading even..... :(