1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"private way"

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mpgall26, Nov 28, 2011.

1. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

I was asked to bid on a "private way" which I have never done, are there any special concerns. My Insurance states no city/state roads. I'll confirm with the town that it is in fact private and the one person signing can deal with $$ end assuming they are getting the other 2 people on the street involved. The area only amounts to 330x30 with cul-de-sac end with 3 houses.
    Separate note: I was thinking $200 per push or $2500 ish seasonal ?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Salt is extra on that one,it will get icy because not a lot of traffic on it.

3. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

That's stage 2 once they agree to plowing, then they get the salt talk. I bet they say no salt when they realize how expensive it is to maintain the street, in which case I'll probably refuse it. I can't really let the neighbor slip and say this person refused salt for the street they all live on, poor defense.
    Funny on google earth the specific house is brand new with the lot still stripped. I guess they wanna be the Jones of the street...LOL

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would also double check with your insurance agent.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If these homes have been there a while then they know the deal. They gets bids and divide equally between them. They may even have it set up as a small HOA.