1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Private subdivision bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by M&M Services, Sep 1, 2009.

1. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Hey guys, I was wondering where to start on this bid? It is a private subdivision, 2 entrances, with 22 houses in it. We would be responsible for the houses, their sidewalks, and the streets. They do not want salt. Here is a pic

Thank you,
    Mike

[​IMG]

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You might start by breaking it into sections (and driveways). Then develop a bid for each section (for your own use). Then consider "discounts" for proximity. Pretty soon, you'll have something you can take to whoever is asking for the bid. This is ONLY if the whole thing is a package with one person responsible for payment. Otherwise, develop a price for each person and do not take into consideration that you MAY get other "sections".

3. M&M Services

from midwest

Thank you for the info. The bid is going to a few people on the board for the subdivision so it is a package deal.. Now i know it is hard based on the pic, but what would be the ball park for the streets?

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

2" of snow

1 hour for the streets, 1 to 1.5 more for the driveways. (hard to see the driveways)

SWAG

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I won't even try to guess without being there in person. Just too many variables and unseen obstacles. I don't even give estimates over the phone up here without going for an on-site visit first. And you're halfway across the country.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

This looks like a pain in the buttox! I also think on a 2" snow your going to be there for 3-4 Hrs. Looks like a maze of walks and drives - none of which is very straight forward. Keep in mind they will be particular and cheap! If I had to give them a price I would try $1100.00 on the low end and $1500.00 to actually make it worth while.

7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a fun one to me:dizzy:. I dont know where to start. I am no help today. sorry. good luck.

8. M&M Services

from midwest

LOL.. Thanks for the insight guys... It will be a pain in the ass for sure! But hey it is worth a shot.

9. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bidding Help

Not sure how quick you need the estimate, but I have a snow & ice management package available that includes a comprehensive snow & ice manual, a CD titled quick estimator for plowing, de-icing and hand labor, it calculates per push, per event, seasonal and flat rate pricing, and a CD with several templates in Microsoft word format for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheet, proposals and more. These templates are completely customizable for your company. Check out our web site at www.profitsareus.com. This complete package sells for $129.95. It can be emailed to you as well.

Being a snow & ice management company myself since 1979, I understand what you are looking for. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call at 800-845-0499. Either way, good luck.

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Telemarketing now on PS?