1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Private Subdivision bid Help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by asps4u, Sep 16, 2009.

1. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Hi, I'm new to this site and this will be my first subdivision bid. It's just to plow the road. All snow to be pushed to the end of the last cul-de-sac. There are 12 homes on this road. I've not bid a subdivision yet. Any rough idea help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

We are in different parts of the country but we would bid about $5500 for the season on a place like that..

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So you can not push the snow to the edges of the road? If not that will require either a pusher type plow (blizzard, wide out, etc,) a skid steer w/ box pusher or a vee plow. It will also take more time than just depositing it to one side.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I honestly don't think it's possible to carry all the snow to the last culdesac without a large loader. Any type of plow or pusher is going to lose to much off the sides by the time you reach the end. If you don't have a large front end loader I would not bid this.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It could be done with a truck with the right equipment. However I agree if you had a big storm it could require either something BIG or a devoted piece of equipment.

6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

V with wings, plow with the storm

7. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

The request just says snow to be pushed to the southeast corner of the large cul-de-sac and curbs to be clearly marked and maintained marked, so I'm guessing that losing some snow to the curbs is ok as long as the bulk of the snow gets piled at the cul-de-sac? I do have a V-Plow but I agree in the event of a big storm I would have to keep up with it, which shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the help, any other ideas on price? They are looking for a per push price and a seasonal price.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You should have said that in your first post! You said "ALL".

9. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Sorry, you're right and I realized that after reading all the responses. :dizzy:

10. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

when bidding a private sub road do you stick with a seasonal based on 10 pushes? or do you do more based on it being a road? I set my bid for the residentials and have no problem with that, but I just don't know about bidding a private road. please any help, I don't want to be the "lowballer", I've determined a per push rate but just don't want to short change myself on the number of pushes. Thanks