1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

private road

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by wilfred, Nov 19, 2010.

1. wilfred

wilfred Junior Member
    from 01747

I have been contacted for an estimate for a private road, it is asphalt in good shape with a culdesac at the end. It is about two tenths of a mile long, it looks like it would take 4 passes to clear. They are looking for plowing after 2 inches. Any idea how to bid? thanks

2. wilfred

wilfred Junior Member
    from 01747

anyone

does anyone have an idea how to bid the private road?

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

15-20 minutes of work
    max

roads are fast

4. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

I cut a lawn on a private road about what you are discribing, the home owner said they pay $250 a plowing. That's a high dollar area so keep that in mind.

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

$250 for 20 minutes of work?
    I doubt it
    the homeowner probably doesn't really know. (just heresay, probably spent $250 all year)
    1. HOA's are notoriously cheap
    2. roads are quick and easy.

it's a low dollar account, but it will be easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it's on your route, bid it correctly and just rake in some cash.
    if you pick up some driveways while you are there, even better, double bonus.