1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Private Road Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by spazfam, Nov 3, 2006.

1. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

I have been asked to provide a bid for this road and some of the adjacent property the road is approx 625' x 24'

Any ideas on a price just for the road?

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

What size truck, what size blade? Insurance or no Ins. 150- 200 8' blade. In my area that is.
  3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Need more info. What are you gonna plow it with? Per push? Per season? Etc.
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

no salting 200 or a little more thats like 3 4 or even 5 swipes and they go for a bit too
  5. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Sorry should have given you more details... 05 GMC 2500HD with a 8' western. They asked me to provide a per push and a seasonal bid. A separate bid for Salting and a separate bid for the sidewalks and parking area of the building on the left.

I was thinking around $220.00 a push so far your replies confirm that.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  6. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Anyone else have an idea?

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Is that a gravel drive to the building on the left, and your price sounds pretty close for me are you doing each drive way too?
  8. spazfam

spazfam Junior Member

Yes that is a gravel service road that has not been determined yet if they need it plowed I guess they use it for storage. I am doing the parking area and sidewalks for the building on the left ...The right building may be added ...still waiting..two separate owners.