1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

private road and need know what price for this

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Milwaukee, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Well one guy stop me and ask me if I could plow for them and ask how much. I knew it not good idea to tell price without know first.

Try ask them what ex contractor charge they won't say $ but they say that guy did terrible job. Not plow when snowstorm is done. I went to see can't believe it. Bad job Tons of snow on road and several cars stuck.:eek::eek:

Truck we will use 01 F250 with 8'6 boss and 89 F150 7'6 meyer I am sure we be done in 1 hour go 5-10 mph

I have no idea and I don't want to be lowballer. Just want good price.

[​IMG]

2. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Just the road and no drives?

3. Milwaukee

I mean road. Not driveway

all road you see in pic that we need plow it. If it was driveway I would have charge $25-$30 for each.

4. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

I'm kinda new to the bid thing but I would look at about $450 for each event . Again I'm new to this bid thing and I live in Kansas. Gota get it when you can. Would also add more as each snow event gets deeper, increase as it gets deeper. 0-2.5 = 450 ,sand and salt,,2.5-4 = 450 plow only,,4-6 = 550,, 6-8 = 600,,,,,,I might be too high , see what the pro's on here tell ya.

5. Milwaukee

first i was think $500 like Today TONS of snow. But I thought they would open mouth say Dang you are outage expensive contractor. That why I want to be fair.

$300 for 1-3 inches of snow

I can't say but I am useless for this. need help.

6. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

Look a the total length and the possibilty of parked cars on side of streets and the lyablity of side swipping one . Like I said I'm new to this too ! Also wouldn't you have to hit it like every hour on a quick drive through like city crews would? That way it would be passable ?

7. Milwaukee

Yes like city truck do. But they don't do this since it private.

I say few cars and trucks on it. I say 5-10 but we will put notice paper to info them moving car.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Look at it from the HOA view. They split all service charges equally among the houses. 45 houses. $9/ea. $405/push every 1-4" callbacks for cleanup, $50 minimum

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Well, first off, call a reputable towing company, one that does "Lot Towing" Have them post the road, "No Parking During Snow Event" They pay for the signs. If you come across one, call them, they will tow it off in quick order at the owners expense. Scoff towing (which is what this is called) tends to be the better rate of tow, hence why they are right on top of it. Some will even monitor the road, just call them if they miss one. Takes all the BS of plowing private roads. Make sure to mail every resident a notice that your posting the road for towing.

As far as price.....I would say $400 up to 4", and around $100 per 2" after that.... You'd get best productivity using the boss for the fair ways, and the Meyer for clean up and angle work.

10. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Hey if the town were to hire a private contractor to plow their roads they would just ask for hourly rates on the equipment, you should do that especially since your new at a task like this. Because if you don't have a side wing you'll be out there busting equipment for the same price to push back windrows. Of course you can get a bobcat or something out there too.