1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Private Messaging

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by DBM, Nov 20, 2009.

1. DBM

DBM Junior Member

How many posts do I have to have before I can PM other members? I've sent a few out but nobody has responded back. It appears like they've gone through, is there a way to be sure?

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

you need to be a member for 10 days and have made 10 posts so you should be fine

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Are you posting a profile message or sending a private message? I don't think you can send a private message until you have 10 posts...I can't remember though.

It's been my experience people post profile messages thinking they are posting private messages.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

MJD Beat me to it....

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

He has been a member since 2001 .Maybe no likes you!

6. DBM

DBM Junior Member

Nope, I'm sending PM's. I guess nobody wants to talk to me........just like when I'm with my wife.:rolleyes:

It was less than 2 weeks ago I signed up (or signed up again lol). I was a member of lawnsite back then though, maybe I did way back then. Weird.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  7. Vingino

Vingino Junior Member

Hi Mike, I joined the website awhile back but have not yet posted. I am unable to private message a gentleman named B&B to inquire about ordering frame gussets for my '88 GMC. Safe to assume I can not until I have posted ten times? Thanks.

8. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

correct...you need to be a member for 10 days and have 10 posts

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Just run around asking a bunch of questions or commenting on things...it goes by quick.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

.......Here, let me help.

NJ huh? Where abouts?

11. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

I PM'd B&B for you. Perhaps he'll send you his email address or phone number.

12. Vingino

Vingino Junior Member

I appreciate the help guys, thanks very much. Located in Hopatcong, roughly a half hour from the Delaware Water Gap.