1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Private drives

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Novi plow boy, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

I have the opportunity to plow a private drive that is just under a mile long, it is a gravel drive and there would be no salt and only plow over 3 inches, and is about 12 feet wide. And there is 1 drive way at the end of it to do. There are 3 homes total on it one is vacant and one the guy does it himself with a tractor. This is my first year plowing but have done residential for the past 8 years. What would be a fair price to tell them?
  2. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

Noviplowboy--the Best way I know of? to be FAIR to YOU & your Long drive Customer--IS!!--Plow by the Storm--how long? each storm takes You?--as thats as Fair as it Gets & as each Snow falls Differant as Nice Fluffy Snow would be the Easyest--but if theres Any amount of WIND?--Drifting after You have Plowed--could be another Problem?--a very Heavy & Wet Snow early in the Plowing Season would take YOU a lot Longer!--& You would have to Push It Back as Far as Possible--so You would have some place to Put Later storms Snow!--so its really just useing Common Scense!--just Keep Track of your Time in each Storm--& Charge them Accordingly--& Good Luck! --OleTower--
  3. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

Yeah thats good but i dont think it would take more than 20 min at a max becasue it goes through the woods. From the sounds of it do you think 100 would be a fair price for everytime that i come out?
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I base mine on $135 per mile for 12' wide private road. Additional for hills or curves. One and a half times that rate for anything over 6" and double over 9".