1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Private Drive Bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mow & snow, Aug 23, 2007.

1. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Hey guys, Since I've only plowed residental driveways before I wanted to get a idea what would be the going price to plow a private drive (no salting). The private drive is 2 streets with a caldesac at the end of each one. I measured it and came up with 2300 feet including the caldesacs. I know what the winning bid was last year but I wanted to know what the going rate was. Also I should get about 20 driveways at an extra charge if I land the bid. Thanks, Mike

2. J&D

J&D Member

I try to get about $90-$110 an hour when plowing. I would also give them scale pricing. 1-3 inches, 4-6 inches and so on, every 3 inches. Using your driveway experience, try to figure out how long it would take you for the amount of snow and try to to get $100/hr(for one truck).