1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Primera Turf Quad Release

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by KFX450RXC, Nov 28, 2014.

1. KFX450RXC

KFX450RXC Member

Nobody talks about this as far as I can tell here on plowsite. Maybe its a price thing. I truly don't know.

But down here in NC, its a predominant ice melter we get from the larger suppliers.

As far as I know, only the governmental agencies stockpile bulk salt or stuff for making brine. Let's face it, its NC. We could get multiple snows and ice this year or it may not do a thing for 3 or 4 years. So we deal with what we have and make it work.

Is Quad Release just not used up north? If so, why and what are better options for asphalt and concrete? Plus I have to keep from killing the grasses and shrubs.

One thing I love about Quad Release is it can sit in my barn for a few years and its fine. I used some last year that was a couple of years old and it was perfect. No clumps or anything.