1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by redman6565, Jan 14, 2009.

1. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

How many of you guys are pricing your lots out per an inch opposed to seasonal or per trip?
  2. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

One of my hotels I plow is by the inch. I dont like it but hey it won me the bid and it is a good hunk of change. Forgot to mention, thats how they wanted it.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

1 by the inch
    1 seasonal
    6 by the hour
    all the rest per push

btw first year for seasonal and i think it's the best!!! they don't ***** about getting a big bill every month and they don't ***** about how much it cost to salt and I get paid every week weather i work or not....
  4. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

oh i know, i'll be honest i think 14 are seasonal, 1 hourly, 10 per trips, but i wanted to see what you guys thought that were using the "per inch" scale, if you find it's more profitable, easier to track, etc.
  5. lawnwolf

lawnwolf Junior Member

Charge by the inch!

This lets my customers know exactly what it will cost them when they see it snowing outside.

• 2-4 inches snowfall - $35.00 Normal Residential Drive (5-10 minutes plow time), No Obstacles, No Shoveling or salting, Low Traffic Street.
    • 5-7 inches snowfall - $52.50 (1.5 times normal rate.)
    • 8-10 inches snowfall - $70.00 (2 times normal rate.)
    • 11 inches or above (Hourly) $175.00
    Driveways range from 5 minutes to 45 minutes of plow time
    Sent out 20 contracts this season, all were accepted, no questions.