1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fastxcr800, Sep 22, 2008.

1. fastxcr800

fastxcr800 Member

i have a lawn care business and i'm justing getting into plowing this year. how do you price for residential and commerial lots/driveways??

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'd first start by spending several hours reading the various posts. You'll find a lot of good info and many, many various approaches.

Some take a per hour value to them then figure how long a lot would normally take. Per inch, difficulty level, high traffic area, salt, etc.
    Driveways are usually a per event or seasonal charge. Each is somewhat unique.

If you have not plowed before ... you may want to sub-contract for your first year to figure this all out.

3. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

I agree with Scott,

Take some time and read the posts that are on here. The info is invaluable. I would also suggest if you have not done any plowing, i would work for someone else for a year or two, just to get a feel of what it is like to be out all night, dealing with the unknows that always come up at 4 am.