1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Tony Clifton, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton Junior Member

I know this is a somewhat ignorant and vague question but bear with me. For a "standard" bank parking lot, what would you charge to puch 1-3" of snow?
    I know it depends on the sq footage, etc. but for the most part a bank is a bank, we have over 30 that we do landscape maintenance on, and the parking lots are all pretty much the same size, therefore I am assuming that a bank parking lot is more or less the same size on average in most parts of the country.
  2. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Personally I forget all about size and think about time and overhead. You need to figure out what you need to make an hour in order to cover your bills and pocket some money for yourself. Take into account the proper snow plowing insurance, equipment costs, labor and so on. Come up with what you want to be billing an hour.....a common price is around $125 an hour and we are running a Chevy 3500 Crew Cab Dually 9' MM plow with sander. So say you want to make $125 an hour and the bank will take you an hour.....hence your price is $125.
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I do several banks in my town because I also do their repossession work. I wouldn't necessarily agree that all banks are cookie cut outs. However, one thing I will say is that you can usually get away with charging a premium price as long as your service is top notch.

The trigger point is insanely low and they love salt. You should be able to make some really good money once you get your foot in the door.
  4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton Junior Member

Thanks for the responses.
    I guess my question should have been what do you guys charge per hour. I know that it varies from company to company depending on overhead, direct costs, labor & desired profit, I was just curious to know what the ballpark would be to make sure what I will be getting paid is in line.