1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by AGM, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AGM

AGM Junior Member

Is charging $60 per hour with a snow blower to much? I am new to this and was wondering. Thanks

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Sounds high to me people get that much for a pickup truck with an 8 ft blade.

3. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

How much overhead do you have?

I charge $50 per hr for shovelers and blowers,but 150.00 for a plow tk.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Truck mounted snowblower?

Tractor mounted?

Skid steer mounted?

Somebody pushing a snowblower?

And then throw in the different pricing in every market and you really opened a can of worms.

5. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

walk behind snow blowers

I have 3 men that use toro walk behind blowers on my commercial accounts.I charge 50.00 per unit per hr.All my GMC trucks with Meyer Plows get $150 per hr.Drivers get paid $25.00 per hr and snow blowers and shovelers get $18.00 per Hr.

6. Mark Oomkes

I'm not getting out of bed for $60\truck. I'll go broke in my nice, warm bed instead.

That's a little low for my shoveling crews, even. But, hey, every market is different.

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

if your new to this business i wouldn't charge more than $60 per hour. you can get your foot in the door that way. you should be able to blow a small drive off in 30-40 minutes. that's $30-40 per drive. not bad for just starting out with very low investment.

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'll get out of a warm bed for $60 per hour. my employees get out of bed to roof houses for far far less $$. that's what's partly wrong with our society people not wanting to get out of bed and work.

9. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

If I could make $60/hr working in bed than that would be the best of both worlds.

10. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think it would cost close to $30 per hour to run the truck....no?

$60 per hour for a snow blower isn't high if you can charge it and people are willing to pay it.

11. Mark Oomkes

No, that just shows the regional differences in pricing. There are guys in my area that are plowing for $60\hour, but my time in crappy weather, my investment in plows and 4WD trucks is worth more than $60\hour.

12. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

Snow rates in N.E Pa.

Sub=contractor with 3/4 ton-1 ton tk--$65-75.00 per hr.