1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

I put an add in the local paper for plowing and offer neighbor discounts. Next day I had about 10 calls. Only gave actual estimates on 5. Seems like everyone calling this year is crazy.
    I've turned down more people then I've had sign. Do people actually expect me to plow thier driveway for $3 a pop at most? When I try and tell them how much it will cost for the season thay think I'm crazy and tell me "well the last person only charged $200 for the season". I dont care how small the drivaway is, we have been known to get anywhere between 50 and 200 inches a year. last year we got 14 inches, then on top of that 25 in 24hrs and another 5 the next day and then snow every day for a month.

Makes you wonder why thay are calling someone else.?

My summer/landscaping customers are willing to pay more, and I have contracts for almost every one of them. But go 3 miles away and thay expect me to take a loss for plowing them.
    Yeah our market is swamped, but come on now. yeah, these people go out of buisness the same year, but another one starts up and is willing to do it so cheep.

Do you guys constantly get people like this? I have plenty of customers, so I'm not worried. But thay are ruining our reputation and draging down the prices for us all. How do you tell them this?
    I'm sorry this was more of a rant than anything.

2. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

So how much do you charge for an average driveway? Say, two cars wide by 30 to 40 feet.

And what is included (walks, salting, etc.)