1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jeffrey Abrams, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Jeffrey Abrams

Jeffrey Abrams Junior Member

I was wondering how do use calculate a price for salting on a residential driveway and sidewalk. Square foot? Per bag? What type of price range should I be in " ( work in NJ)
  2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

overhead + cost of goods sold + labor + profit = admount to charge.

only you know what your overhead is.

only you know what the cost of the goods you sell is.

only you know how fast you can do the job.

only you know how much profit you need to stay in business is.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Jeff you ae probally in one of the higher price areas in the snow states. Guys in Jersey seem to be the ones averageing 200 plus an hour. Salt priceing will be determined by your local average. I dont think I would charge by the square foot, but by per application. Meaning 30 bucks a trip or whatever. Salt rates are regional, guys talk of 10.00 per 50 applied up to 35.00 per fifty applied. I dont think you will need more then fifty on an average drive so you need to be compensated for your time. Remember laying it on thick will just trash the landscape. So be environmentally friendly and apply at the recomended rate and charge per application not by the bag.