1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gndhog, Dec 8, 2003.

1. gndhog

gndhog Junior Member
    from ohio

New to the fourm, what is the simplest way to charge for plowing & salting.

2. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Easiest....Hummm...:rolleyes: Flat rate plowing and by the ton for salting. 1st and foremost you have to know how long it will take to plow per mile or acreage. Then you must know how much deicer it takes. If you have no idea how to(A) calculate this then you will either(1) not get any jobs or(2) if you do, you wont make any money because you did not really know (A) in the first place. I suggest you partner up and learn the ropes first then go and get work on your own. Please dont take this as a negative, just trying to get you to look at the BIG picture.

Good luck

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

gndhog,

Welcome to the site, do a search on "pricing/contracts" you'll see a hundred threads come up on this very subject, I know cause I did it myself. There is a ton of good information on pricing for plowing, salting/sanding.

:)