1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BowTieDmax, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Looking for some help on pricing
    Trying to get a new account and this will be there first time ever hiring out the work. They have always done there own mowing/plowing. Anyhow they have been really trying to cover all bases. Well I have been doing commercial plowing/salting for years, but never had to use anything but salt. So now late yesterday they emailed and are concerned about using rock salt all the time on there concrete parking lot. I can understand that, so this morning they want some pricing on a few different applications. So just to save some time, could anyone give me a "rough" price comparison? Lets just say that a "single" application of rock salt was $100.00, how would the others price? Here is the email I got:

[B]Trying to get a handle on Salt/Cinder cost.

Please quote this based on 18 applications. (assuming we don't salt every time due to weather)

18 applications

How much for each application.

Rock Salt
    Cinders/Sand
    Calcium Chloride liquid or pellet

How would this affect your Season cost?[/B]

I am trying to get set up for some liquid application this year, but i will probably have to use Calcium Chloride in flake or pellet. I am going to call Morton salt and get some pricing on Calcium Chloride?

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There is such a huge price difference from area to area, that there is no real way to give you an answer without more information. For instance I pay 5 dollars a bag for my rock salt. I sell that same salt spread for 18 dollars a bag. For calcium I pay 9 dollars a bag, and sell that for 27 dollars a bag spread. So, what I am getting at is noone here know how large of a lot your salting, just by saying you want us to base this on 100 dollars worth of salt. We don't know if your selling your salt at 20 dollars a bag, or 10 dollars a bag.

3. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Sounds to me that he wants to know what he will be paying for the season for each option...
    based on your "single" application of rock salt....
    Season of salt $1800
    sand/cinders ??? how much are you going to get it for, mix it for, where else using it??? get ur per app price and multiply it by 18.. I have no experience with sand and cinders-- we use salt and calcium
    calcium - same thing, how much would you apply it for once

Thats what I would do, hope it helps, not trying to sound like a smart a$$ but I have no idea how much salt ur using or the size of the lot your applying it too.

Is salt part of the bottom line?? already built in with no itemizing???