1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing work with a snow blower and shovel

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ant, Dec 25, 2009.

1. ant

ant Junior Member

i came here from lawn site. i do fertilizations on lawns.. this last storm i got so many calls from lawn clients that i am looking into doing snow removal for them with a snow blower and shovel.
    where do i start..
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

discover what the local prices are like, then decide what you are willing to do it for
  3. Price it the same as any plow company. Clients pay for snow "clearing" not snow "plowing" and you'll find that most people don't give a rat's ass how you clear the snow. Use a spoon if thats all you can afford.

Last year I did residential snow clearing with a snow blower in our downtown core for $550 to $600 season (flat rate clearing) Do only 10 homes at $150 per month and your making $1500 per month using good old fashioned elbow grease.

Call around in your area and get quotes from your competitors. Dont be a low baller though. Those guys are getting those rates they charge so you can too!
  4. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Depending on the area any where from $25 to $30 an hour in my area
  5. cleanscapes

cleanscapes Junior Member
    from NJ

I can tell you around here I'm getting between $40-$50 an hour for snow blower and shoveling up here in Monmouth NJ