1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing to put down Brine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by philinnc, Dec 22, 2011.

1. philinnc

philinnc Junior Member

I am in North Carolina and have the equipment to start putting down Brine. I have a supplier willing to sell it to me for .90 per gallon.

As this is new to us, I am planning on putting it down the first time for free to a few potential customers just to be sure I am comfortable with it. Nobody in the area has put it down in the past on a private basis and I think it has alot of potential.

What is the best way to price this? Annual retainer fee, sf price each time, fixed price per lot? My concern is that if I do it for a few private neighborhoods and it doesn't snow to where it was really necessary, they may not want to keep on doing it until they get burned. If I did an annual fee of $750, I could say that every time the NCDOT sprays the highways, I'd do the streets. On average, we probably would put it down 4-5 times a year, sometimes less but most likely no more that 7 or 8. The weather in Raleigh is pretty mild.

2. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

North Carolina? you should be putting down beach chairs instead of brine this year. I've got a tan in Boston must be gorgeous down there

3. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

Actually, having lived in Georgia for awhile, I can tell you that while there isn't a lot of snow, there was quite a few ice events, so I am thinking this is why he is concerned about brine?

4. philinnc

philinnc Junior Member

I'd like to make my money before the snow hits. Unfortunately people around here think if you have 4 wheel drive that you can drive on ice. I don't want the exposure of having several dump trucks out on the ice. Unfortunately we don't have the fluffy snows that I remember as a kid in NY.

5. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I was just down there

I was just at Duke University in December talking about ice melters. We offer a snow & ice management package that takes the guesswork out of bidding your jobs.

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual � this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who�s first, proposal formats, don�t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD � calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.

6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

ya i would like to hear what people are charging for liquid too.

7. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

x2 on pricing

8. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Have you salted before? Using bulk or bagged? If so, why can't you use that same price?