1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by easthavenplower, Sep 19, 2003.

1. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i priced timbrens today i got a price of $160 for the front end only i have a 2000 chevy 1500 reg cab 6 ft bed obviously 4 wheel drive does that price seem good i dont feel like getting ripped on this one since i have to do the install myself i thought maybe it was a little high

thanx

jeff

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That sounds about right to me MIne where around $135 when I got them in '97 that rear is more money if you get them for there.

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

$160 is right in the ballpark. I just bought a set of front Timbrens from Garagekeeper for that amount. He is good and easy to deal with. :)

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I think we should mention we have a sponsor,RPM Sales that sells these as well.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

$175 I paid last year for them for an F250. They are cake to install. 1/2 hour tops to put them in. They work quite well if you ask me.

6. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I bought a pair from RPM last winter. I remember the price being better than I had seen elsewhere. Good guy to deal with, shipped fast. I'd highly recommend.

Will re-iterate the feedback/buyer experience I left in the sponsor forum for RPM here: I called him in the morning, I had a UPS tracking number 2 hours later, and they were on my doorstep 2 days later. $157 was what I paid last year.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2003
  7. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

tanks guys i appreciate the feed back and info thanks again

jeff

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I talked to Ed Sanders at Timbren when they gave me the wrong set for my truck.and he sold them to me there # is 1-800-263-7581 and if you have any questions they can help.But I think it's cheaper to buy them from a distibutor.

9. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

It looks like I will need to weld a bracket to install them on my 89 dodge w-250. That is a bummer. On the 2001 ford, they went right on.

My dodge has an extra leaf spring bracket for the diesel and more springs on it than the newer trucks. I'm not even sure that I need them. The front of the truck is really strong. I was just thinking that they might help for going over bumps. It bounces a bit when I hit a big bump with the plow on.

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

The bracket is pretty easy to weld on.Any good shop should be able to install them for you.

11. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

Wyldman

Are you familiar with the suspension of my truck? 89 w-250 diesel? Do you think that I really need them. I'm pretty sure my truck in a 1 ton without the dual rear wheels. I have 9900 gvwr.