1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing seasonal in a rea that hardly snows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cutbetterthanyo, Oct 14, 2013.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I was wondering how to price a seasonal in a place it doesnt snow much.I have done very well with small lots, and last year with the big lots.I tpically price out lots for x amount of pushs and if i fall short (which most times i dont) i make it up on there lawn care.The past few years i have been growing alot and picking up bigger places, my fear is that i want to make sure i can handle it.The area im in last year we only plowed once, but salted about 10-15 times.I am looking at some of your prices on hear and they are ALOT higher than mine ,but you get ALOT more snow. I currently have two 3/4 ton trucks, a skid, and a compact tractor. I take care of about 20 places when we get 4-5plus (but reliable isnt a big deal with them) I also do a kohls that is about 4 acres and a lot next to it that is about 5 and a couple others that are 0 tolarance. I can do all my salting in about 2-3 hr with me in 1 truck. My problem is i dont have the experance with the pushing on these big lots. If you had my equpiment and lived in a place where in most likely wouldnt dump on you would you take on more. And what do u feel is a good price for a 4-5 acre lot on a seasonal in a area like this

2. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Oh o forgot my trucks have 7.5 western and a 8 foot western on them