1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing salt, flat fee each time or?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CK82, Oct 19, 2005.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I need some suggestions, would you recommend pricing salt on a per time basis for residentials, since usually you can predict the amount of salt being used? Also for example I will be plowing a duplex drive with at least a 25min. drive to get there and it will need salting periodically whether it has snowed or not. Should I have a minimum charge set as a result of having about a 50min. round trip? I do have other accounts on the route to make it worth while plowing, but these accounts wont be salted as often, if at all.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I get $20.00 per 50 lbs. with no set quantities.
  3. westwind

westwind Member

Drive time is time. You should be charging for that long in the truck. Example: How many driveways can you plow in 50min.? That's how much you could be making.payup