1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Mar 2, 2003.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

people that do resadentials.......

Do you have a set price that you do for a costomer and if it snows like 6-8 inches charge them more or do you have a set price that stays all the time no matter how much snow falls?

2. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

If you are charging by the push regardless of depth you need to restructure your contracts. Your price per push should go up every 3-4 inches per occurrence. Example 1-3 inches $$, 4-6 inches double price, 7-10 inches triple price, etc.
    Good luck,
    JJ:drinkup:

3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We have a base rate for up to 4". For every 2" inches above that we add to the total, usually in $5 increments for smallish drives, more for lots, roadways, etc. The hourly contracts have similar uptick provisions. Deicing chemicals are extra.

All of this is subject to negotiation and discretion. You don't want to give the service away, but next year may be as lean as last year, and the customer will remember. Better to eat $5 now and have them sing your praises to the neighbors than the alternatives.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Agreed, jj112. However, I'd advise something like 1-3, over 3 - 6, over 6 - 9, etc. Avoid the nitpicker who asks "what about 6 1/2? Then you need to have a method to determine the depth to charge as the depth of the snow will vary greatly, even different places on the site. One way would be to use a weather reporting service for your area.

5. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Good point. We have 3 guages that are the "official" depth determination sites (defined terms from the contract). We also tell the customer what the depth was on their site on the invoice. The 30 seconds it takes to measure prevents a lot of fussing later.

6. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Most of my residentials use a 3 tier system. 1-6" @ $$, 6-12" @ $$, 12-18" @ $$. I always put in that over 18" will be quoted at the time of service. I also put in that the price for x amount of snow from the storm is the same no matter how many times I plow it. The exception to that is if they call me and ask to have it done, then I charge for that amount of snow and again when I come back.

I have a couple of per push contracts, but most of mine are per storm. I haven't decided which way works best for me yet, but at some point I want to standardize the way I do it to simplify billing.

7. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

PBeering...we would like to invite you to join our Indiana snow plowing network. FREE

We price per Inch / push...............................and make sure it is clear in your offer as to where you will put the snow ...... :)

www.indysnowplowers.com:

8. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

1 inch trigger for plowing.i have different price ranges 1-3 is $XXXXXX 4-8 $XXXXXX and so on.i may show up twice with a 4-8 inch snow fall.it depends on when the storm starts and stops

9. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

My prices are all for a 3 to 6 inch push. Over 6 inches, I come back and charge full price again.