1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chcav1218, Aug 5, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Has anyone had their plow stripped and painted professionally? about how much did it run you?

2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I had mine sandblased....moldboard only, cost me 125 bucks and I painted it myself. If it's a powdercoated blade it takes them a while to blast it off.

3. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

There is a place in Lewiston, Maine called Northeast Painting and Coating. They use to get $300 to sandblast, prime (w/ epoxy) and paint the blade. That price is a year or so old. I was told they'll do the headgear too... additional cost of course.

4. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

I refurbish plows and i use a needle scaler to take the old loose paint off. Then sand smooth.... prime 1 coat.... two ta three fisher yellow coats and gloss black for rear half of plow..... then two coats of clear. After i use a rubbing compound then a tough paste wax. This keeps the blade shiny and the sticker on and durable.

The total......... $250. Small price to pay for the great increase in value. Plus contractors have said that they had an increse in customers and they were happier being that nice equipment was seen at their house or buisness.

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

damn, I guess I wish I lived in New York

6. NorwayAuto&Plow

hey.... its worth the drive! I'll even paint your company name on the plow if you plow snow in the winter as a job or side job. just through in another $50.

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thats tempting. ill get back to you. i start school in a few weeks so i'd have to figure out a weekend.

8. NorwayAuto&Plow

sounds good man. email me if itd be easier. norwayauto @ NTCNet.com