1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing Question???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvcski, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jvcski

jvcski Member

Hey guys I am a fully insured plower and I have a 4700 foot roadway that i have to plow two and a half to three lanes wide. This is an untouched roadway that is being used now for research, which means its temporary and a one time thing. I know that their area already has about 20" of snow sitting there. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on what I should charge for something like this?

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

one time only?
    20" of snow?

You should charge A LOT.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

3-5 yard loader at 350 per hour!!!!!!!

4. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Wow...

That's almost a mile...! Paved? Smooth? What are you plowing with??

With my truck 04 F250 with an 8 ft plow I would charge no less than $500 for a one time plowing...the trouble is getting your first pass cut through...20 inches could be tough with just a 3/4 ton and a straight plow...once you've "broken trail" it should be easier cutting with a third of the plow till you're done...better yet charge $900 and go with two other trucks and take $300 apiece for a couple hour's (+/-) work...By the way, I'm in NH if you need help...!

5. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

You'll be there longer than you think:dizzy: Like LC said above, better charge A LOT! Just don't screw yourself, if you start in the middle of the road with that much snow you're dead. But I know, I know you weren't asking for advice on how to plow.

Good luck!

6. jvcski

jvcski Member

no guys i totally appreciate all of your input on this issue now i forgot to tell you that it is a old runway that is no longer being used.

7. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

SO, WHAT ARE YOU PLOWING WITH IF I MAY ASK???

8. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

i think i'd be afraid to go in there with anything less than a front end loader... just dont think a pick up will do it!!! at least bring someone along to keep pulling you out...

9. jvcski

jvcski Member

Sorry took so long to get back to you. I am plowing with a 2004 F-250 w/8.5 fisher MM2 straight blade.

10. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If there really is 20 inches of snow you better just say no thanks.

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

new hampshir sees some pretty powdery snow i think ? are you plowing the rest of the winter or just this one time ? if its just one time gig 500 sounds about right and if its the entire winter gig i would get a 3 inch trigger with 3 inch increments at 300 a pop NO SALT! thats extra good luck

12. jvcski

jvcski Member

This is a one time thing for some research only lasting a week.

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

$500 It Is Then Good Luck:waving:payup

14. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hey...!

I have an 04 F250 with an 8 ft SnoWay Straight blade...! Small world...!

Lemme know if ya need help...more snow on the way tomorrow into Thursday!! By the way...let us know how the job went please!!

15. if it were me i would defiantly charge a lot like everyone else said and try to get a hold of a v plow and do the job with that