1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by tdog206, Dec 14, 2015.

1. tdog206

tdog206 Member

I am being sub-contracted for a v-box sander. There are 5 properties varying in size. This is the first time sanding/salting. I will be billing the contractor per application for each lot. Lot sizes are: 10,000, 12,000, 15,000 23,000, and 25,000 sq. ft located in southeastern MA. Just trying to find out what others are charging for similar size properties.

I need to know a reasonable price to charge the contractor per application at each lot. I would appreciate figures for both if I purchase the sand/salt mix or if he provides it.

Thanks

2. tdog206

tdog206 Member

I could really use some suggestions. I have a meeting scheduled tomorrow to discuss amendments to the contract for sander/salter equipment. Unfortunately, I am unsure of my operating costs for the truck as this used piece of equipment was purchased last month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

You better go to this meeting and ask him wwhat he is offering and negotiate from there.

4. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

Yes indeed, if its just sanding and not plowing, you'll need to figure out how much time you have to spend, figure out how long to do 10,000 sq feet and how much material from past applications, you want to figure double your material costs for handling and hauling plus some hourly figure, maybe 90 an hour perhaps from yard to yard.

5. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Thanks for the help.

6. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

How did the meeting go?

7. tdog206

tdog206 Member

It went well. Thanks for asking. He is going to compensate me on a per lot basis, instead of hourly, and he will supply the material. I think its a good agreement especially for the first year. I can adjust it next season once I get an idea of my actual operating costs. Now we need some snow!!

8. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

A little ice tonight and something monday into tuesday but nothing awful on the radar till next weekend.

9. tdog206

tdog206 Member

You mean awful as is awful good. $$$$$$ Lets hope.

10. fast*st

fast*st Junior Member

Heck yeah, I just picked up 1.5 tons of road salt and had to transfer it into barrels for short term storage.

11. tdog206

tdog206 Member

Yeah, with the weather the way its been, its hard to plan ahead.