1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing question

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by NLMCT, Jan 6, 2014.

1. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

this may be a stupid question but im curious... im new to plowing and just wodnering say you have a driveway to plow with a 2 inch trigger for 40 dollars...and its a storm after that 2 inches and you go back again do you charge agaiin the same 40 or at a discount?????

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

What's your contract say?

3. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

i dont have one id like to make one thats why im curious what you guys do ?

4. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I think you are asking touch ups after the storm. At 2" you should be going out only once so you should be getting it all on the first to around. I will go back and open up the aprons for free if I'm driving by it

5. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

ok say we have a huge storm a foot of snow will drop you have a agreement to plow when the snow reaches 2 inches for 40 dollars what do you charge for going out again the same price or half

6. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

With the way your pricing is it sounds like 40 for every 2" fallen. Go out half way through and then again at the end for a total of $80. You should set up pricing like 2-6,6-12,12+. Makes things easier

7. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

ok thats makes more sense so set a price for 2-6 inches then a price for 6-12 and 12 plus