1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing on a New BOSS?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Apr 11, 2014.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I just bought a new RAM 2500and will be looking for a new BOSS Straight blade for it. Probaly an 7.6 Standard Duty or the 7.6 Super Duty. Can anyone give me some Ballpark figures as to what to expect to pay for one installed and if the install is pretty much a straight forward job or involves cutting of valances, frameworks? Thanks in advance.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Not a boss or a ram guy but a 7-6 is too small for a 3/4 ton truck. What's the Cab/bed configuration?
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

To small a plow. Just call General Welding and they will tell you over the phone.
  4. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I have the 2012 Ram 2500 you will want at least an 8ft plow. I had a quote last Fall on a Boss 8' Super Duty for $4500 plus tax installed here in Syracuse. I ended up getting a Snoway, because I wanted the Down Pressure and wireless controller.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  5. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Just call the dealers. Mine has a list by the phone in big print with the installed price for all the plows since so many people call
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need either 8 or 8'6" blade for that truck, regardless of what you are using it for.
  7. Northwind

Northwind Junior Member
    from Da U.P.

Paid a little over $4600 for a 8'6" super duty 2 months ago. I agree with the above, you'll regret putting that small of a plow on that truck.
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Smallest blade I own is an 8'2 Boss V, it's too small for my liking. I also have another 8'2 Boss V with the Boss wings (10' wide) that I run on a 2500 Ram ECSB gasser, even plowing small resi's with it I never remove the wings.
  9. peterk800xc

Thanks for the help. I went to Our local Boss Distributor in Elma NY. General Welding. The Salesman gave me some figures but told me to wait until August as this is when Boss has its best pricing. Said I could save a few hundred waiting.Question though is why is a 7.6 blade to small. I do just driveways and this is my second Boss, the other was the same size. Just wondering.
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1st GW offer 200 bucks off at the fair. Need something to be at least pass the tires .
  11. peterk800xc

Crew Cab and short bed.
  12. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

I have a boss 8' on my 10 2500 ram mega cab. When turning, my rear wheels run over the snow. No way would I go less then 8'.
  13. Joneill

Joneill Member

I am looking to get an 8' straight blade for next winter, western told me $4950. Installed, sounds like Boss is a lil cheaper?
  14. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I got a 8'2 vxt ill sell ya