1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pricing of salt in NJ

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Len, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Len

Len Junior Member

I just got a tail gate spreader Can anybody tell me the going rate for salt applied per bag in the new jersey area? or what formula you use for pricing?

Thanks

2. HIGGINSTRUCKING

HIGGINSTRUCKING Junior Member

i get 145.00 per ton straight salt no sand :drinkup:

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We get $30.00 per 50lb bag, spread.

4. HIGGINSTRUCKING

HIGGINSTRUCKING Junior Member

so you 1200.00 per ton ton buy it and spread ? payup

5. nino1025

nino1025 Junior Member

I price per hour per application

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Depends on how big the lot is. We do many small lots where we price by the bag and not by the ton. We use tailgate spreaders on those trucks, not V-Box spreaders so we salt on a "smaller" scale from someone who does say a "WalMart". As an example, we charge a client $100 to salt his lot and we use three bags of salt to do it. We also carry snowblowers and push spreaders on our trucks to do condo sidewalks, so if we went to V-Box spreaders we couldn't carry all our gear. We do have one pickup that we are thinking about putting a stainless western V-Box into but we haven't done it yet as the tailgate spreaders are working fine for our applications. We also use a custom-made tailgates made out of 2" square receiver tube that lets us mount the spreaders on the drivers side and a fold out ramp on the passengers side to load and unload the blowers and push spreaders. It makes for a real "fast" setup... :rolleyes: