1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing of plow ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by hdyoshi, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hdyoshi

hdyoshi Junior Member

Just wondering if $4500 installed for a 8' pro plus is a good price. Also will my 04 2500hd handle this plow. Have a meyers on now that is 7.5' just wanting to upgrade and been looking for a while. just glad i made it through this winter. should i buy now or wait?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I paid that much for my MVP...your price is too high if you ask me. And yes, your truck can handle an 8' plow no problem at all.

And I would wait until next month or even June or July to buy the plow. Dealers don't want to sit on their inventory.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your price includes sales tax along with the install, its not a bad price...but of course plow prices vary by location.

The truck will handle it fine..

June/July is too late for left over plow stock. Better off now through next month.
  4. hdyoshi

hdyoshi Junior Member

I know that included install but not tax. a 8.5 mvp cost $5200 and poly mvp is $5450. I just dont know whether or not to go with poly. If i do i have to go to pro plow or mvp. Poly is all i have ever had in the past.
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I guarantee these guys can beat those prices by A LOT. Even though they're in IL their shipping costs are cheap enough to still make it worth your while.

They used to have their prices listed on their site but I just noticed that they took them down. Give them a call and they'll shoot you a quote.

I bought my MVP from them in the middle of last summer so don't worry about calling them too late, they're still going to have plows on hand.
  6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Too high.
    In Upper IL MVP 8.5 poly, installed out the door with tax, backdrag blade =$5250.
    I wouldn't pay more than $4k out the door for any straight blade ( And I'd still shop around until I hit the 3,500 number out the door)
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I was quoted $4,000 for an 8' pro plow. I did not price out the pro plus but considering how beefy it is, I'd say thats a good price.
  8. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I paid $4200 for my 8' Pro-plus with the poly deflector installed 2 years ago.