1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing of difficult condo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Harvestman, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Harvestman

Harvestman Junior Member

I'm trying to work up a bid on a HOA for a condo that has 28 units. There are two main driveways to plow that are 400'x 20' that are pretty unobstructed. There is an additional center drive that splits them that is 200'x29'.Each unit has a driveway that is 17'x 30' and would require back-dragging. As is the case in most condo areas there is little room for maneuverability. I also would be responsible for clearing the sidewalks of each of the 28 units. They vary in length but on average are 100'. When I did my calculations of time I must be miscalculating because I would be spending like 10 hrs at this property so I must be doing something wrong. My previous experience is with commercial parking lots that are wide open . We generally get $150.00 per hour per truck for that type of work. Other than that we do residential driveways and we drop and go for about $35.00. I need some guidance.I'm lost on this bid! Thanks in advance.

2. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Section it out.

How much for this or that in each section.

I do places like this or that has tons on small areas like parking spaces it's hourly.

3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

sounds to me like its pretty big my figures came up around 1500 per storm every time you go but thats with out looking at the property

4. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

So is your sidewalk person going to be in the same truck that plows?

5. Harvestman

Harvestman Junior Member

No 1 person plowing 1 doing walks and the front of the garage doors.

6. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

I ment is he going to ride in the same truck that plows, or a seprate truck?

And $150 an hour to clear walks.....?

7. Harvestman

Harvestman Junior Member

Yes they both arrive in the same truck.My time calculations must be way off how about a little help guys.

8. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Not sure on the sidewalk, but the other part is tops 5 hours.

$750 + same time for sidewalks $375.