1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pricing loaders?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Aug 28, 2010.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looking at Cat loader - i think it is a 928. Looks great, runs great, sounds good, 4990 hours. Asking $50,000.00

For sale local.

Looking tonight on Ebay and nothing really comparable but i think the price is a little high for the hours on the machine.

owner had it on a farm and said snow and dirt work and manure - that was it.

Unit is nice and clean. Paint in Ok on loader but other than that in great shape.
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

What year is it? I've been loader shopping too, just not for CATS.
  3. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

sounds a little high, try and find local auctions as well
  4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

look at machinerytrader.com for comparable units. Your local Caterpillar dealer can give you a pricelist of everything in their dealer network within x-number of miles too.
  5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Thanks guys. Been looking around a bit more and have seen other loaders with less hours for less money. Looked a 544 deere, komasto, cat so far. I guess I'll see what happens.
  6. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Cats are typically the highest priced of all the loaders.

Go to machinerytrader.com and search your exact model, that is the best reference point for loader values.

Another great resource is heavyequipmentforums.com, its basically all excavators talking and they will point you in the right direction.

I have rented almost every brand of loader and have owned about 10 loaders and have always bought Deere.

That being said im currently looking at 2 Daewoo's right now(good price, and can get parts at bobcat dealers).